Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Constants



Nothing endures but change.
Heraclitus

Things do not change; we change.
Henry David Thoreau


Heraclitus would have us all in the flames, and Thoreau would have changed his mind already, but would claim that was the point.

Either way, they're both right. As far as I'm concerned the world is our own perceptions. The way we interact with our lives dictates the path, and finally the outcome. Even if a piano drops on your head, you made some choice to put you under it.

I'm no good at change. It scares me. But, it is when I am making changes that I am the happiest. I think it may be time for something to give. What, I don't know, but something.

1 comment:

  1. hehehehe.... i loveeeeeeeeeeee that picture...its soo brilliant and true!!! but we also make the change we want to see...sop he needs to get off his butt and make it happen for himself i feel...

    love humor in any form though

    http://donotshoeme.blogspot.com/

    follow if u like what u see?

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete